Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 3 - Beastly

First things first: Food diary.
1) coffee with sweet and low, low fat creamer and a hint of peppermint mocha creamer
2) half a cup of low fat cottage cheese
3) two slices of thin crust pizza
4) two cookies
5) 2 mini Baby Ruth bars (I'm a bad girl!)
6) one 100 calorie bag of cheez-its
7) a pretzel from Auntie Anne's in the mall (Ben bought it for me!)
8) 3 oz of chicken breast
9) 20 oz of water
Not my best. I went over my points for today...

Tonight I decided to Redbox a movie. I don't usually go for the movie-made-from-a-book movies, but I really loved the book (it deals with my favorite fairy tale) and even though I KNEW they'd GET IT WRONG I decided to try it anyway. I was surprised. I enjoyed it...
So I watched "Beastly" which is based on the book Beastly by Alex Flinn. They changed a lot, like in the book Lindy has red hair and in the movie it is black. Also in the book Kyle is HAIRY!! He even comments that he looks like Chewbacca. In the movie he's covered in magical tattoos and scars and has theses strange metal things running through his skin. Basically he looks like someone just covered in tattoos. There are people like that all over the place, so I didn't really get what was so "beastly" about that.  I guess a hairy guy was too hard to do...
The time-line was also off between the book and the movie. The book's ending is 25 million times better than the movie's ending. They cut quite a bit of the book out of the movie. I really liked the fact that Kyle was given a magic mirror that he used to keep track of Lindy in the book. In the movie he follows her around and in all reality becomes a stalker and I find that super creepy.
Despite all the changes I found that I liked the movie as itself, and not a representation of the book. I will have to keep them both separate in my mind. (There are actually a few book-to-movie crossovers I can do this for, although Twilight was not one of them. I CANNOT STAND KRISTEN STEWART. HER BEING CAST AS BELLA MAKES IT THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE!! But that's a rant for another night!) It made me laugh and it had the right amount of tenderness and understanding between all the right characters in all the right places. The ending was kind of campy, but it had the overall effect that was needed for the movie they made.
So all in all in was definitely worth my dollar and it will go in my buy-it-once-it-hits-the-$5-bin-at-Walmart list.

Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment