Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 6 - Red Riding Hood

Food diary:
1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
usual coffee (coffee and cottage cheese will hence forth be know as "usual breakfast")
chicken sandwich (1/2 piece of thin sliced chicken and a whole wheat English muffin)
1 tray of broccoli and cheese (sandwich and broccoli will be known as "usual lunch")
one serving (about a cup and a half) of chicken rice casserole
4 chicken nuggets
1/4 Edamame soy beans
40 oz water (I might have more and I will change it if I do)
I still have points left, so I might have dessert...

Exercise:
none (yet)

Red Riding Hood
Last night I RedBoxed the movie Red Riding Hood. It is based on a book of the same name by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright that is now a member of my 'To Read' list.  The movie's genre is listed under drama, horror and mystery. There is some blood, no guts and a couple of dead bodies. This is NOT a movie for young children.
From IMDb.com:
Valerie is a beautiful young woman torn between two men. She is in love with a brooding outsider, Peter, but her parents have arranged for her to marry the wealthy Henry. Unwilling to lose each other, Valerie and Peter are planning to run away together when they learn that Valerie's older sister has been killed by the werewolf that prowls the dark forest surrounding their village. For years, the people have maintained an uneasy truce with the beast, offering the creature a monthly animal sacrifice. But under a blood red moon, the wolf has upped the stakes by taking a human life. Hungry for revenge, the people call on famed werewolf hunter, Father Solomon, to help them kill the wolf. But Solomon's arrival brings unintended consequences as he warns that the wolf, who takes human form by day, could be any one of them.

I loved that the movie kept you guessing. They do a really good job of making the identity of the werewolf a complete and total surprise.  You'll be convinced that so-and-so is the werewolf, only to have something happen that makes it look like a totally different so-and-so is the werewolf. They managed to incorporate the "Grandma, what big eyes you have..." part of the story and they even manage to fill the werewolf with rocks, but not for the reason in the fable. Gary Oldman (Father Solomon) once again plays a wonderful semi-psycho even though he is not the "bad guy". I even love the movie poster.Yet another RedBox movie that was totally worth my dollar. I might even buy this one once my car is fixed and I've caught up on my bills since all of my "bill money" is going to fix my car...

I also finished a book last night, but my review of that will come tomorrow. Good night all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment